⚙️Shattering Steel⚙️

What year is it? Have I really been gone that long???
Yikes… Anyway, as I pickup development on Shattering Steel again, I am free to add more or less whatever sounds cool to the game. I am open to any feedback or suggestions you all may have, and I have been keeping track of all the reviews and suggestions I’ve gotten so far. Anything is appreciated, and maybe if you guys want, I can share the suggestions document for everyone to see what may be coming in the future

6 Likes

Hey, it’s me! That guy who posts once every blue moon! Blows dust off topic
As I mentioned, I’m continuing work on Shattering Steel and suggestions are still appreciated, however, I have some more substantial things in mind for now.

Starting off, here’s what I have done recently for those who are curious:

Some Updates and Stuff
  • Graphics Overhaul (Ongoing)
  • Lobby Overhaul (Ongoing)
  • Created a custom label system and font utilizing the new message to spawned behaviors
  • Added battery pickup counter
  • Added death Screen
  • Added death counter
  • Rebuffed the caltrop cannon
  • Balanced and fixed many of the boots
  • Nerfed helicopters to the gound
  • Squashed a lot of bugs
  • GRAGGLE??!?!?

Secondly, I would like to do something cool...

I am entirely recreating the lobby, however, I don’t have any characters to populate it with! That’s where you guys come in!

If you would like to design a character for the game, I’m taking requests for that. You can submit a character name, a design, or even a small backstory if you feel so inclined, and I can work with you to add that as an NPC into the game!

Remember these things if you would like to submit a character
  • It must be a robot (Preferably one that references an obsolete technology)
  • Nothing inappropriate for the game (duh)
  • Must have at least: A name, a design, or a backstory (Or all if you feel excited about it)
  • Expect to have some small or significant changes to better refelect the game’s story and themes (These aspects are not yet in the game, so we can work together to discuss)
  • The character may reference yourself, other characters, or other people as long as it does not infringe on copyright laws or the wills of other people
  • Be creative!

That’s all for now! I look forward to sharing more progress and hopefully seeing some of your designs!

8 Likes

I think my funny robot supervillain could be an interesting character. The design for him could be the small minifigure you see at the top of the page, or it could be the “Bigger Mecha” version below.

This character is entirely original (but not every character from The GAME universe is), and loves to make memes and jokes while also being incredibly evil. He could even be a boss perhaps idk. The lore reason for his presence in the Shattering Steel universe is that he is studying other villain’s superpowers across space and time so that he can use them back home. Dark Legion and his brothers all possess all of the abilities of every villain of certain kinds, with Dark Legion having the powers of every meme villain (villain that has become a meme) and every mechanical, cyborg, robot, AI, android, etc. villain ever. The only drawback to this is that he doesn’t know how to use all his powers and has to endlessly play, read, or watch media to find and learn a cool villain power he can use.

4 Likes

Very cool! I think I actually have some pretty good ideas with this one about implementing it into Shattering Steel lore. I’ll dm you later when I’m more free :+1:

4 Likes

Sweet Ooh GIF - Sweet Ooh Oh GIFs

3 Likes

Okay, so I have one character design to submit.

A little backstory: I wanted to create this Undertale-esque game called Robot Reboot, like two years ago. You can check out the discussion here… just don’t comment on it because it’s a dead topic. Plus, I have no plans on actually continuing this game anymore. It is completely scrapped.

So the character I would like to submit is the protagonist of this scrapped game as a potential character in Shattering Steel. I am planning on reintroducing this character back to one of my games that have not been scrapped, but I also don’t mind seeing them in Shattering Steel.

So, without further ado, here they are:

Character Name

Their name is S.A.M.I, or Sami. It’s short for Sentient Automated Machine of Intelligence (don’t call it a weird name, you’ll hurt their feelings :rage:). It is basically a tiny little robot whose purpose is to cure other robots of viruses. Sami is highly intelligent and has the behaviors and personalities of a human being, despite being a robot. Sami could even pass off as human if they use their voice to get past voice-based security.

Design

This is a rather hastily made art of what Sami looks like:

pixil-frame-0 (41)

By the way, Sami does have a second arm, it is just retracted into their body. Sami has retractable arms.

Backstory

As mentioned earlier, Sami’s intended purpose is to cure robots of computer viruses. However, due to Sami’s intelligence, versatility, and ability to learn, they have been able to do many other things, like repairs, combat, retail, etc. Sami is basically like a tiny, dog-sized human, even though they look nothing like one.

Sami is capable of combat, and proves to be pretty good at it. They can wield various weapons with relative ease, and can learn their enemies’ strengths/weaknesses fairly quickly. Sami can craft weapons out of scrap metal.

More info about Sami:

• Personality - Sami has a very playful personality. When they are having their free time, they like to play around and explore their world. This can get them into sticky situations, though.
  • Interests - Sami likes sports and botany. They are especially keen on growing their own azalea garden. Sami enjoys racing other people, and due to the fact that they have a wheel as a form of locomotion, they usually win those races.
  • Dislikes - While Sami does know how to swim, and is a waterproof robot, they don’t like aquatic activities very much. It’s just not their thing.
5 Likes

Since it’s a dead topic, doesn’t mean it’s bad to, let people do what they want.

2 Likes

It’s not a good idea to comment on dead topics because doing so will push away active topics like this one, or topics that require attention (like bug reports or help requests).

The only time(s) I would see it as acceptable is if the topic could still be relevant currently, or if the creator is trying to bring it back. However, neither of those cases apply to the Robot Reboot discussion. I’m just showing the discussion in case anyone is curious about it, but I’m discouraging people from commenting on it because the topic is dead and no longer relevant.

4 Likes

Very nice, I like all the details you included! It makes it very easy to think of a place for them. I wasn’t sure on this idea, but I was planning on having enemies and bosses drop scraps and materials to be made into augments (think like charms from hollow knight) This would be a complex system to balance and work into the game, but seeing the character, I have the perfect vision of how this will work :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, perhaps that could be an idea. You can create charms that give you a certain boost (like letting you double jump, for example). I think one way they could be balanced is if those augments were consumed, so once it was used, you would have to make more.

But that’s just a thought. Can’t wait to see what you have in mind for Sami! :+1:

4 Likes

That’s actually a really good idea! It takes charms from hallow knight and combines them with something like potions from games like zelda! It makes materials constantly useful and sought after! Very good idea, I’m even more excited about it now. If you would like, I can layout my more specific plans later in dm when I’m more free (will be soon now)

4 Likes

Sure, I would like to hear your plans in DM! (though it might take me a while to see since it’s very late at night where I’m at)

3 Likes

Understandable, it’s a little late for me too but I’m a night owl. Feel free to respond in your own time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sami is such a great character, please do let them return.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of bringing them back via Dark Ninja, and also letting Recryptech make them a character in Shattering Steel.

2 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

You guys wanna hear a fun fact?

Fun Fact Here
You have to work for it :)
Beware of the knowledge you may find inside!
This is your last warning...
Good luck brave explorer.

They watch... - YouTube

3 Likes

I can’t import the sound into Flowlab.

2 Likes

Oops, have a link instead (:

3 Likes

Boy Kid GIF - Boy Kid Computer GIFs
Thanks! Interesting video.

3 Likes